The 16-port Gigabit Ethernet Switch is a professional networking switch that is capable of working within the fastest network systems. The switch conforms to the IEEE802.3, IEEE802.3u, and IEEE820.3ab standards, allowing it to work with 10, 100, and 1000 Mbps networking products. The 16-port design is perfect for use in large data centers, large and small businesses, and even as part of a larger home network installation.
This rack-mount capable device includes sixteen RJ-45 LAN jacks and sixteen corresponding green/orange link/activity status LEDS on the front panel. The LINK/ACT LEDs will glow or blink orange when a 10 or 100 Mbps connection is detected or active, and they will glow/blink green when a 1000 Mbps connection is detected/active. The switch's internal power supply can handle 100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz input and it draws a scant 25 watts power.
Installation is as simple as plugging the unit into a wall outlet and inserting cables into the ports on the front. When using 10BASE-T connections, Cat3 UTP cable is sufficient and when using 100BASE-TX connections Cat5 UTP or STP cable is acceptable. However, when using 1000BASE-T connections, Cat5, Cat5e, or Cat6 UTP or STP cable is preferred, with Cat6 STP providing the highest level of reliability and signal integrity.
The switch automatically detects the use of straight (MDI) or crossover (MDIX) cables and switches the connection to whichever is needed for the connected device. Therefore any of the sixteen ports can be connected to the upstream hub or router and the others connected to downstream PCs, hubs, or other switches.
This switch has an integrated 8K MAC address table and supports MAC address auto-learning and auto-aging. It supports NWAY auto-negotiation and provides an ultra-fast 32 Gbps backplane bandwidth with non-blocking line speed forwarding.
With all speeds, connections, and functions automatically configured and supported, there is no manual configuration or setup required. Simply plug it in and start using it right away!
- Complies with IEEE802.3, IEEE802.3u and IEEE802.3ab Ethernet standards
- Supports Auto MDI/MDIX on each port
- Supports NWAY Auto-Negotiation function
- Provides sixteen 10/100/1000 Mbps Auto-Negotiation RJ45 ports
- Supports IEEE802.3x flow control for full-duplex and Backpressure flow control for half-duplex
- Provides up to 32 Gbps backplane bandwidth and non-blocking line speed forwarding
- Supports store-and-forward switching method
- Provides MAC address self-learning/auto-aging and 8K MAC address entries